Vena Cava’s Fall 2011 collection sent a wave of nostalgia for that 90’s alt rocker style and the flair of the early 90’s where supermodels reigned supreme. The collection didn’t send us grasping for combat boots or shoulder pads, but instead struck middle ground with crop-tops, cutouts, moto-jackets, and slim high-waisted trousers that will translate well into 2011.
Glitter caked eyes and light pink lips by M.A.C. were paired with nude nails with nail polish finger bands by Butter London. The hair was gelled but worn long, loose, and slightly mussed, with a middle part to complete that ’90s grunge vibe.
- Select Moisturecover – applied sparingly for a natural finish
- Strobe Cream – for a subtle highlight over cheekbones
- A blend of MAC Pro Glitters in Silver, 3-D Silver and Reflects Purple Duo – applied wit MAC Pro Shine Mixing Medium over the eyelids and through the lower lashes for a smoky, show-stopping effect
- Brows groomed upwards with Clear Brow Set
- Subculture Lip Pencil – lightly contours lips
- Petting Pink Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15 – for a healthy natural finish
The glitter got a bit out of hand in this show, however, a few girls had just the right amount on that made me feel like this might be a look worth adapting for the street. If you’re going for that Ke$ha look though, the more is more approach will suit you well. With that said, I am a big fan of the nail polish bands as it is definitely something I would like to play around with!
To get the nail polish bands try using masking or painters tape to help you perfect that line. Make sure your hands are clean and free of lotion or other product to help the polish adhere to the skin and place the bands away from the joints in your hands. The Butter London team used shades: Royal Navy, Scoundrel, Flouro, Tramp Stamp, and Union Jack Black.
Try a butter london shade, or pick up something similar to re-create this look.
Backstage Beauty Video: