|Photo via Gaby J Photography|
Yesterday was my birthday–my 29th to be exact. 2011 is bound to be a big and important year for me, so I decided to make a list of twenty nine things I want to do before I turn the dreaded 3-0. I even added a few notes to myself…
- Get married!
–April 29, 2011 is the date, the groom is just as charming as any prince.
- Buy a bike, and ride it, often.
–bike storage in NYC apartments is challenging, but the rewards will be worth the hassle!
- Run a marathon.–and even if the ING NYC Marathon folks don’t choose your lottery number keep running, because you know how hard it is to start after you stop.
- Travel to new and interesting places
–trips to Aruba & Puerto Rico are planned. Argentina and Paris are on the top of my destination wish lists!
- Read more of the classics –less of that vampire crap.
- Refine knitting skills, and successfully knit this among other fabulous things.
–I am currently knitting myself wrist cuffs and a couple scarves before starting the cowl
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
–if anyone has tips on where I can volunteer in NYC let me know, this is a MUST!
- Get an iPhone already
–thanks to Verizon + Apple partnership Feb. 10th is the date! 🙂
- Draw in my sketchbook multiple times a week.
–i bought this book to help inspire me:)
- Take more photographs
–and maybe reward yourself with a better camera or at least a new lens
- Make another attempt at a 365 project
–no excuses, laugh in the face of failure!
- Expand my record collection
–it took me far too long to buy a record player, I enjoy it immensely
- Bake an apple pie
–I am an avid baker who has oddly have never baked an apple pie I must remedy this.
- Make paper chains… lots of them
–and hang them around your apartment just for fun!
- Take a sewing or knitting class
–or maybe both!
- Buy a sewing machine
–move beyond the apron! 🙂
- Give my apartment a makeover
–furniture & wall decor need an update 🙂
- Save some money to ditch said apartment!
–get furniture (#17) at a discount 🙂
- Take an ab class
–and stick with it!
- Go skiing –and try not to fall 🙂
- Convince husband to go skiing with you
–(see #1 & #19)
- Don’t neglect this blog
–2010 was a bad year for blogging, so make up for it!
- Make homemade ice cream
— and eat it on the cone or in the form of homemade ice cream sandwiches!
- Experiment with film photography
–and develop your film for Pete’s sake!
- Make french onion soup–with extra cheese
- Go sledding on a flexible flyer –just like old times
- Explore my own city
–you aren’t allowed to be bored!
- Watch old movies
–and try really hard to pick ones that don’t have Marilyn Monroe or Audrey Hepburn in them…expand your horizons.
- Drink more water and less caffeine
–a lot less, as in, avoid Starbucks