Even though I am beyond excited for 2011, I can’t help but look back on the many good things 2010 gave me. While my year wasn’t terribly exciting, I discovered some pretty fantastic beauty products that helped me get through the year looking my best. Here are my top ten beauty products I discovered in 2010 (in no particular order):
- M.A.C. Marine Life Highlighting Powder (To The Beach Collection Limited Edition): Admittedly, I was drawn to this product by the gold seahorse in the powder, and was a bit disappointed when the gold disappeared upon first use. The pigmentation of the powder combined with my fair complexion make this one of the most flattering coral blushes.
- Boots Amazon Forest Brazil Nut & Vanilla Body Butter– I used to spend a fortune on body lotions and butters that is until I picked this up at Target for $9-10 This smells absolutely divine and leaves my skin feeling uber-soft without breaking the bank
- M.A.C. Ever Hip Lipstick (Liberty of London Collection Limited Edition)- 2010 was the year of the lipstick for me. I fell absolutely head over heels in love with this peachy orange shade of lipstick. Pair this with Marine Life or Hipness blush, a bit of bronzer and you feel like a heat wave is coming.
- M.A.C. Viva Glam Gaga Lipstick– This cool toned pink lipstick makes me feel like Barbie and I mean that in a good way. Plus 100% of the proceeds goes to the M.A.C. AIDS Fund! (See Swatches here and my Gaga for Pink beauty tutorial here)
- NARS Bad Influence Nail Polish (Holiday 2010 Collection Limited Edition)- Taupe & Greige nail polish was all the rage this year. As far as application goes this is one of the better formulas, and the color is spot on.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion Professional Size– This wasn’t a new product by any means, but Urban Decay finally put their primer in a TUBE as opposed to their annoying “genie” bottle. The professional size will last me all of 2011 I’m sure, but thanks to UD’s release of the Pro size tube I think my Too Faced Shadow Insurance days are a thing of the past.
- Sultra The Bombshell Curling Iron– This was a definite splurge for me, but after finally getting fed up with constantly burning my hand while using the barrel on my old iron and getting my hair caught on the clamp handle that I rarely used I made the leap. The fact that this thing heats up in mere seconds saves me a ton of time. The glove gives my hand a bit of protection and allows me to perfect my ringlets without cursing up a storm.
- NARS Laguna Bronzer– So everyone I know has used this bronzer previously, but one day when I ran out of M.A.C.’s Golden (a bronzer I still love) and didn’t feel like treking to my M.A.C. counter when I can walk to the Sephora in my neighborhood I bought NARS Laguna and finally learned what all the fuss is about. One thing I love about it…there is no annoying glitter or shimmer that a lot of bronzers go crazy with.
- Urban Decay Naked Palette– This palette is the best value based purchase I made the entire year. The perfect pigmentation, texture, and balance between shimmering and matte finishes make this palette a winner. The fact the shadows are versatile, universally flattering, and yet not the least bit boring make it no surprise this is constantly sold out.
- Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo– I really love Oscar Blandi’s Pronto dry shampoo, but white powder isn’t always the best look. I have light hair so it takes me farther then a lot of gals, but it can be messy especially if you get it on your clothes. I decided to give the invisible spray a shot and while I prefer the results of the powder version, this requires very little effort and find that it is perfect for up-dos because it makes your hair feel clean while still giving it enough of a boost to style to perfection.
- Honorable Mentions: M.A.C. Hipness blush (To The Beach collection), M.A.C. Briar Rose Beauty Powder (Venomous Villains Maleficent collection), M.A.C. Sweet & Punchy Eye Shadow (To The Beach Collection), M.A.C. Heartless Lipstick (Venomous Villains Cruella collection), & M.A.C. Formidable! Nail Polish (Venomous Villains Maleficent collection)
What are some of your favorite beauty products of 2010? Any new discoveries? Any regrets? Do tell…