Recently I started practicing bikram yoga regularly and while the heat is intense I’ve come to look forward to my 90 minute sweat sessions. It is easy to feel intimidated before first stepping foot into a yoga studio, but my experience is one of encouragement and positivity. I encourage you all to take a leap and try a class at a studio near you. To get you through a class, I’ve selected a few essentials that help me get through my classes. It is really important to stay hydrated, be as comfortable in your clothes (no heavy cotton –only sweat wicking materials think shorts & tanks/sports bras), and keep from slipping and sliding on your mat.
- Manduka 71-Inch PROlite Travel Yoga Mat (I am in love with this mat, so easy to take back and forth to class, comfortable, with great grip)
- CamelBak eddy Insulated .6L Lavender (I always bring two to class- love the insulated bottle keeps my water colder for longer and prevents the bottle from sweating)
- Yogitoes Yoga Sweatless Hand Towel (helps me get better grip, and helps prevent sweat from dripping into my eye)
- Manduka Go Easy Yoga Mat Sling, Pewter (There are plenty of different slings, but this one quick, effective, and fuss free)
- Yogitoes Skidless Premium Mat Size Yoga Towel (A lot of people in my class use beach towels, but I find these to be well worth the price, they fit my mat perfectly, have a rubber side that grips the mat (even better as it gets wet), and soaks up the buckets of sweat)
- Onzie Elastic Bra Top $42 (Onzie has fun prints, and I love the elastic backs on this top)
- Under Armour Women’s Compression Shorts $25 @ Dick’s Sporting Goods (I prefer to purchase clothes that I can run AND do yoga in, so I steer clear from the yoga booty shorts that seem to be favored in my class. Instead I wear compression running shorts from Under Armour or Nike)