Before baby I was running 4-6 miles a day. Once I was cleared to workout, I eased back into the running thing, and once the little guy was old enough, I took him for regular spins in our BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller and stuck to lunch time treadmill burnout sessions. My goal is to run a personal best 10K in JUNE. So I have time, but I have work to do! (I am running intervals on the treadmill on even days, and on odd days I am mixing in steady runs with circuit training.)
Because most of New York is under a nearly 10″ blanket of snow, the gym is where most of us will be training. If you’re anything like me, new workout gear always motivates me to hit the gym hard. These are my gym bag essentials (the shoes are on my wish list!)
- Under Armoir Twisted Tech Tee $24.99 @ Nordstrom- so soft and comfortable, semi-fitted
- Under Armour Run Stretch Woven 17″ Capri @ Under Armour- I tend to stick to capri length for all runs, unless I am running outside in the cold. These fit well, are comfortable, stay in place, wick sweat, and are not see through.
- Nike Free 5.0 Running Shoe $100 @ Nike- I am currently on my second pair of Nike Lunar Glides (which are uber comfortable) but have wanted to take a run in these for quite some time as I’ve heard great things about them.
- Yurbuds ‘Inspire for Women’ Earbuds $30 @ Nordstrom- sweat & water resistant headphones are just what I need. I also like to keep a separate workout only pair of headphones on hand.
- Apple iPhone 5s $199+ @ Apple (My favorite fitness apps are Nike Running/Move, Nike Training Club, & My Fitness Pal)
- Under Armour Hair Ties (6 pack) $10 @ Nordstrom- Nothing is more frustrating than getting to the gym and realizing you don’t have a hair tie. I keep extra in my bag now that I have found myself in that position too many times. I love the positive messages on these.
- Moving Comfort Rebound Racer Sports Bra $50 @ Zappos- This sports bra is great because not only does it support “the girls” it is sized by actual bra sizes not just S, M, L.
- Pilayo® Braid Headband $12 @ Athleta- This helps wick sweat while also keeping your bangs in place!
- Spring Gym Tote with yoga mat strap $79 @ Athleta- This bag is big enough to fit everything, yet doesn’t look like your typical gym bag. It has separate compartments to separate dirty & clean clothes, a shoe bag, and way to easily strap and transport a yoga mat!
- Baya Flip Flops $20 (currently 20% off) @ Crocs- a comfortable pair of non-slip shower flip flops are a must.
- Ultimate Padded Running Socks $14 @ Lululemon- These fit well, are sweat wicking, pad blister prone areas, and are attractive. They even give you a personal reminder as you put them on with the message “personal best”.
- CamelBak Eddy Insulated Water Bottle $16 @ Amazon- This insulated water bottle keeps your water cold, but also prevents your bottle from sweating and thereby getting everything else in your bag wet.