2007 was a crazy, fantastic, & fun year. I am sad to say good-bye to 2007 largely due to the fact that I have a birthday coming up in 10 days! I will be officially wading into my “late 20s” which is too close to 30 for comfort if you ask me. Basically, turning 26 just makes me want to cry. I see some age defying beauty products in my future for 2008! Despite my current quarter life crisis, I am excited for what 2008 will hold…may it be the year of no resolutions! I am also looking forward to carrying the following beauty products along with me into the new year. Without this beauty arsenal I’m not sure I could have made it through 2007!
- Marc Jacobs Daisy I have been a Marc Jacobs loyalist for years, so it was only natural for me to try his latest fragrance. The fragrance includes notes of wild strawberry, violet leaves, red grapefruit, gardenia, violet, jasmine, musk, vanilla and white woods. It was designed to appeal to the younger set, but in reality this is a fragrance that has universal appeal … my mother, my 19 year old sister & I all love it equally.
- Barbie Loves M.A.C. (Fashionpack lipglass; Mothbrown, Whistle, Springtime Skipper, & Magic Dust eye shadows, & Pearl Blossom Shimmer were my favorites) Of all the limited edition cosmetic lines this one had my name written all over it. I ran out and bought the basically entire collection. It was sooo worth the money!
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer in Color Adjust I have fair skin that has always had a flair for redness especially in harsh weather so this helps me combat that.
- Philsophy Hope In a Jar By far the best moisturizer I have ever encountered. Even my boyfriend swears by it!
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer in SC 1
This concealer is my secret weapon. If you are looking for photo perfect skin after a long night out that has just wreaked havoc on your skin this works like a magic eraser!
- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder in Tender Rose Of all the mineral powders on the market I swear by this one…it gives you full coverage that is super light & LASTS through out the day.
- Lancome DÉFINICILS High Definition Mascara I have never been a Lancome Girl, but after a friend turned me on to this mascara I don’t see myself turning back anytime soon. This gives me full, long lashes that don’t clump, look natural, and most importantly doesn’t FLAKE!
- Stila Sun Bronzing Powder Shade 01 I have the palest skin known to man, so this helps me add the tiniest bit of color to my face so people don’t constantly think I have the flu 🙂
- Smashbox Cream Eye Liner palette (Proof) I swear by cream eye liner but have always stuck to your basic color palette until one day I decided to slip this compact into my basket. It was a fun & easy way for me to experiment with different color of eyeliners, but then I also fell quickly in love with the slim compact that made it easy to apply eyeliner on the go…something I wouldn’t have dared try before.
- Philopsophy Hope In A Tube
Every magazine I have ever read has mentioned that the skin around your eyes is the thinnest and as a result needs the most attention no matter your age. I always thought eye creams were a marketing ploy and who knows they might be, but I just in case the magazines are right I swear by this!
- M.A.C. Pink Poodle, Prr, & Oyster Girl Lipglass MAC Lipglass is something I don’t start my day without. I usually keep my lip color subtle, but on occasion I will bust out Pink Poodle just for fun. That and the right shade of blush can make any rainy day better…I swear.
- Philosophy Grapefruit Body Wash & Butter Mmm…the smell of grapefruit Is there a better way to start your day? I think not!
- Jonathan Finish Shine Polishing Gloss This gives you the shiny glossy hair you see in magazine ads & it is 100% vegan if you need more reasons to love this product you are just being difficult. 🙂
- Lancome Flash Bronzer Glow N Wear in Shimmer Tan This gives you an easy, streak-free, non-orange, faux tan that won’t transfer onto your little white bikini…a must for every pale girl in town!
- Neutrogena On The Spot Treatment I have used this religiously on blemishes since high school…It works & it is affordable so why try anything else?
- Neutrogena Make-up Remover Cleansing Towelettes Ahhh I am so lazy when it comes to washing my face at night so these are a godsend. They remove makeup as advertised, smell ridiculously good, and are super smooth upon touch!
- Aveda Shampure Shampoo & Conditioner This shampoo & conditioner combo make your hair smell good all day long!
- Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam This styling foam smells awesome and gives my fine hair a much needed lift without making it feel over styled or weighing it down even further!
- Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment A must for the winter months when my hair has a tendency to dry out & break off
- Fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish
My wallet seriously hates that I love this sugar scrub so much, but this scrub sloths off all the dead gross skin gently without irritation & keeps my skin silky smooth. It also has a fabulous lemony scent (& as as you have probably noticed from my list the scent of a product is a major factor for me…if my nose doesn’t love the product nothing else really matters! )
- Tarte Dollface Cheekstain adds just the right amount of pinched pink to my cheeks…I dust Barbie loves MAC shimmer in Pink Blossom over it & I’m ready to go!
- TIGI Ego Boost Split End Mender The best leave in conditioner on the market. It smells awesome too!
- O.P.I. Bogota Blackberry (& for a brief moment Russian Navy) While everyone else was clamouring around to get the latest sold out limited edition polish on ebay I was wearing this & loving it.
- Nars Duo Eye Shadow in Habanera This shadow really brings out my blue eyes & has the right amount of shimmer…all the more reason to love it.
- Urban Decay Big Fatty Lip Plumper I have tried every lip plumper on the market but this one was my favorite of the year because it works, doesn’t burn your lips off, has pretty gold flecs and smells/tastes good
Check out more favorite things from these fabulous bloggers: