Puff pastry sheets are genius. There are so many wonderful ways to use them, but my favorite way is for a sweet & quick morning treat with my coffee. I usually make them using chocolate and mix it up using cinnamon & sea salt. Last weekend I opted to add thinly sliced brie, fresh raspberries, and chocolate. The flavor combinations were wonderful, the cheese, tartness of the raspberries and sweetness of the chocolate complimenting each other perfectly.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry defrosted (one box includes 2)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped (chocolate chips work great as well, I recommend using whatever you have on hand)
- 5 oz soft brie, rind removed
- 6 oz fresh raspberries
- melted chocolate for drizzling (chocolate sauce can also be used)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- Unfold defrosted pastry sheets onto lightly floured work surface. Gently roll out pastry until it is approximately 12 x 16 inches. Cut into rectangles (8×3 is a good size).
- In a small bowl whisk egg and a Tablespoon of water together. With a pastry brush apply egg wash to one half of each rectangle.
- Place a piece of thinly sliced brie, raspberries, and chocolate in the center of one half of the rectangle.
- Fold each rectangle in half and press edges together.
- With a pastry brush apply the egg wash on top of pastries awaiting baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating halfway through, until the pastries are puffed and golden brown.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on each pastry. Allow to cool for 8 to 10 minutes before serving.