If there is one thing I love it is an excuse to dress up (bonus points if the occasion involves champagne!). My favorite way to ring in the New Year is at a house party with my closest family and friends. Tonight I am planning on making some cranberry ginger champagne cocktails! Whatever your plans are this evening, this the perfect outfit to wear while ringing in the New Year!
Lace in this color is so much better than the standard LBD. Also, New Year’s Eve is always cold (hello, I saw SNOW falling from the sky in NYC today), so long sleeves and black tights will keep you warm waiting 2 hours for a cab while still looking fabulous. Take the look to the next level by wearing your hair in a low chignon or with glam Hollywood starlet waves (think Sienna Miller red carpet circa 2009).
Diane von Furstenburg ‘Zarita’ Lace Sheath Dress in Brazen Plum $325 @ Nordstrom
Charles by Charles David ‘Pact’ Pump in gold metallic $66.29 @ Nordstrom
Sillage Turn-Lock Clutch $198 @ Anthropologie
Crystal Zodiac Bracelet $36 @ Bauble Bar
butter LONDON ‘West End Wonderland’ Nail Lacquer $15 @ Nordstrom
Deborah Lippmann ‘Harem Silks From Bombay’ Nail Color $19 @ Nordstrom
Happy New Year dolls! See you in 2014!
After being sick with a horrible cold for more than a week, my summer was perilously close to going bust. However, nothing brightens my mood then cheery prints, fruity cocktails, delicious desserts, & smart graphics. Below, my ode to the pineapple:
- Samantha Faye Gold Pineapple Pendant $58 @ Bauble Bar
- Sommarfint Pineapple Juice Glass $1.49 @ Ikea
- Ratti Pineapple Mini $168 @ J.Crew
- Pineapple Pitcher & Drink Stirrer $38 @ C. Wonder
- Pineapple Mojitos: My husband and I chose coconut mojitos as our signature wedding drink, so I drink them whenever I get the chance, but to change things up I think I am going to try to make some Pineapple Mojitos this weekend complete with a mason jar & a striped straw
- Pineapple Motif Shorts $10 @ Old Navy
- Pineapple Brooch $6.81 @ Etsy
- Pineapple Sorbet– One of my favorite treats is pineapple sorbet served in a pineapple rind, I would love to try to make this tequila infused version this summer!
- Mini-pineapple padded bandeau top $48 & Mini-pineapple bikini $44 @ J. Crew
- Grilled Pineapple Slices– Pineapple Slices sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon and then toasted on the grill is a tasty healthy summer treat that can offset all the mojitos I plan on drinking this summer!
What girl hasn’t daydreamed about raiding Diane Von Furstenberg’s closet? Models Talia Lennox, Lila Love, and Elizabeth Gilpin make my daydream a reality in the film, “Playing in Diane’s Closet”. Check out the video below, & head on over to Vogue UK to view the accompanying photos!
DVF from Tales of Endearment on Vimeo.
There are three things I am presently lusting after… I’ve been trying to be good by cutting back on my spending on beauty and fashion purchases, but these three items in particular are tempting me!
I fell in love with this J.Crew dress in the store, and literally had to FORCE myself to put it back on the rack. This playful popsicle flavor scarf from Kate Spade makes me smile…how perfect is this for summer. I think if I bought ANOTHER scarf, my husband might kill me. The sandals are too cute to resist. I feel myself caving already… I mean one out of three isn’t bad, right?
Lana Del Rey is the new face of H&M’s Autumn/Winter 2012-13 collection. The campaign photos are quite pretty, but be warned you may just convince yourself you need a pair of floral water color skinnies after looking at these images!