I just noticed today that Crosby over at PR Couture had tagged me on my BIRTHDAY to participate in an internet meme called ‘five things you didn’t know about me’. Like crosby I always get sucked into these types of things (usually on myspace). In any event here is how this particular meme works:
1. someone tags you,
2. you post five things about yourself that you haven’t already mentioned on your blog,
3. you tag people you’d like to know more about
1. I first visited New York City when I was 21 years old. Despite my love for fashion & art I never even dared to dream that I would one day live here. I moved here from Chicago (a city I love dearly) approximately 2 years ago & I am now convinced I was SERIOUSLY missing out all those years!
2. In highschool I sometimes matched my eyeshadow to the color of my outfit. My favorite eyeshadow was yellow, & an aqua shade that I would pair with matching eyeliner. Everyone told me I looked good, thus leaving me to believe all of my friends and family are LIARS.
3. I spent 14 years of my life living on a farm, where I had chores like doing the dishes, making dinner, cleaning pig pens, “walking fence”, & feeding cows –which meant carrying two 5 gallon buckets full of feed corn back and forth 8 times. I was one fit little girl that is for sure although I was miserable most of the time…a lot of good all that cultivating (no pun intended) did me!!! I HATE doing dishes and must have a dishwasher, I rarely cook (i LOVE to bake though), i have never looked a charlotte’s web the same way, and i would probably die carrying two 5 gallon buckets back and forth 8 times. As for walking fence…I think the electric shocks from the electric fence damaged me in some way…I should totally sue!
4. After reading number 3, you’re probably wondering how I got interested in fashion. Well, Barbie had a lot to do with it. My mom also had a lot to do with it. She is a very talented seamstress, so she would always make me elaborate outfits & costumes. I had grand ideas about wanting to be in the fashion industry, as I knew it would get me out of town, but I didn’t have access to a lot of fashion publications. I spent a lot of time cutting out pictures from YM & Seventeen magazines while sitting in the library and would create these elaborate collages that I would hang in my room. Yep I was one of those assholes who tore up the library copy because my parents would refuse to feed the magazine addiction that started at a young age.
5. I am not skinny or rich. I dream of having oprah money and stealing Jessica Beal’s body, and may refer to my grandeur plans of obtaining one or both, but presently i don’t have either. i don’t even come close… not even a little bit.
Hopefully, those five things will suffice…hmm who should I tag??? How about Beth, Casey, & Sharp Lilly hmm sounds good!