Today is my birthday, and is the day I consider the official start to the New Year! I mean why start a New Year's diet on Jan. 1st if it means you have to refuse your own birthday treats in 10 days? It seems a bit wrong doesn't it? That has been my logic and it hasn't failed me yet! 2011 was an amazing year, I traveled to lovely tropical destinations, married my boyfriend of eight years, caught up with old friends, and crossed off several must-dos on my list of things to do before my next birthday! Here is my list of 30 things to do before my next birthday!
1) have fun!
2) save money even though that is never very fun.
3) buy a home
4) read 20 books
5) revisit the classics
6) eat healthier
7) cook dinner more often
8) drink less caffeine
9) take up yoga
10) run a marathon (hopefully I will get into the NYC marathon this year!)
11) buy a bike, and ride it often
12) knit my future niece or nephew cute baby items
13) knit myself a sweater
14) draw and paint more often
15) watch one old movie each month
16) visit the west coast
17) take a summer trip to Portland, Maine
18) go running on the beach
19) expand my record collection
20) visit Paris
21) learn how to make macarons
22) go on a photobooth scavenger hunt (with props in hand)
23) Take my cameras out and snap away
24) develop my film, upload photos, and organize them
25) go apple picking
26) bake an apple pie with said apples
27) volunteer at an animal shelter
28) work on a gallery wall of my paintings, drawings, photos and favorite art
29) spend quality time with my husband, beagle, family, and friends
30) carry over at least one of these "resolutions" to next years list! (an inevitability, no?)
1 Comment »
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.