Jeremy with his big brother Justin:
Jeremy with his big brother Justin & big sis Jaelin:
Jaelin with Jeremy & my sister-in-law:
Me holding Jeremy:
Below you will find a list of my personal TOP 25 beauty products of 2006!!! These are the products that helped me get through yet another fabulous year in NYC!!! Some products featured here are my staples...the products I couldn't imagine life without, and others are products I have become newly addicted to this year! What are your favorites? Do you have a great product that you think I should try? Leave a comment & let me know!!!
1. Nars Blush in Orgasm $25 This has become my staple blush. I use it everyday because it gives me a perfectly natural pinched cheek glow in a perfect peachy pink shade. It blends beautifully and lasts forever.
2. Smashbox Eyelights Palette in Beam $34 This three shadow compact is fantastic, and is more than your basic neutrals. I love the shimmery hues...I will wear this shadow to the office, out to dinner, or on the weekend.
3. Philosophy Hope in A Jar $35-$105 After I wash my face in the morning I use this fantastic moisterizer that really makes my skin feel like I just had a tall glass of water. I started using this a few years back, and i saw an improvement in my skin.
4. Tinte Shimmering Face Pearls $14 I recently got hooked on this product. I was drawn to tinte cosmetics because of the adorable packaging but quickly found their products were quite fabulous themselves. I use the face pearls in different hues. This is an extremely versatile product (so it is great if you're on the road & need to pack light). You can use the pearls wet or dry. The face pearls can be used for an all over illuminating glow, or as eyeshadow, eyeliner, highlighter, blush, bronzer, or underneath lipgloss to create the perfect long lasting lip color.
5. Nars Primer $33 I had previously been addicted to M.A.C.'s primer because of how it continually distributing moisture on my face throughout the day. Nars does this as well but better, and I have found that my makeup stays longer than with previous Primers that I have used. I love primers because A) makeup just seems to blend & adhere to my face better after first applying a primer, and they help me avoid the shiny forehead photographs at the end of the night I used to dread seeing the next morning!!!
6. Tarte Cheek Stain in Doll Face $28 This is the the best cream blush I have used in a while. I love this color because it looks natural against my pale skintone. It blends perfectly and lasts all day.
7. Nexxus Designing Texxtur Styling Creme I have very fine hair so this product is a godsend for me. A little dab applied on towl dried hair makes my hair full & thick like it has never looked before. It is amazing, I have no idea how it works but it does. I have tried thickening shampoos and other products and they never seem to demonstrate results like this product. It is a must have and one tube lasts me ages so it is a good buy!
8. Chanel Levres Scintillantes Glossimer in Pin-UP $25 I am a lip gloss afficiando. I own TONS of lip gloss and apply it non-stop but not in an annoying Paris Hilton type of way. Anyway as much as I hate to admit it this lip gloss is my absolute favorite. It does seem to last longer than any of my other glosses and isn't annoyingly sticky. The color & shine is to perfection
9. Nars Concealer in Vanilla My can't leave home without it concealer. The coverage is amazing and it blends perfectly.
10. Stila Sun N Highlighter $24
I have naturally pale skin, light eyes, and light hair. I am the antithesis of a tanorexic but i do like how i look with bit of a sunkissed glow. This is the only bronzer I have found that gives me a natural looking glow and isn't at all oompa loompa!
11. Chanel Nail Polish in Pink Satin $18 Okay, so I'm guilty of wearing the dark nail polish (yes i even wore black!) but I am back to my staple pink satin! no more black...i swear.
12. Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost leave in conditioner & Split End Mender I started using this product a few years ago at the pool or beach. I would put in my hair before I went swimming. It seemed to protect my hair from the harsh pool chemicals & the salty sea water, not to mention it made my hair more manageable at days end. I have expanded my use of it, and is something I use after every shower. It is great smelling and a tiny dab goes a long way. I highly recommend it for anyone who has long hair like me.
13. Stila Rouge Pot in Sweet Pea $20 Rouge pots are the best. They give you that just bitten stain that lasts longer than any lipstick or gloss I have tried.
14. Stila Perfecting Foundation $30
I use this in the lightest shade, the coverage is great, smooth, and blends perfectly. It gives me a creamy & flawless complexion and feels like I have nothing on.
15. Philosophy Hope in A Tube $30 I'm 24 and I am totally addicted to this eye cream. I guess it is better to start taking care of your skin now!
16. Prada Tendre Parfum $65 - $95 I have recently switched from my classic Marc Jacobs perfume to Prada Tendre. I love the packaging, but the scent is my most recent favorite.
17. Dior Diorshow Mascara , $23 This mascara makes my lashes look impossibly long so for that I love it. Also the formula never clumps or flakes like that of other brands I have tried.
18. M.A.C. Select Sheer Loose Powder in NW 5
Aww my staple. Nothing finishes off my look and starts off my day better than this powder!
19. Aveda Phomollient Styling Foam $13 @ aveda.com
My old stylist in Chicago got me hooked on this styling foam. It is lightweight, great smelling, and gives me the volume I so desparately need.
20. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eye Liner $18 in Black INk & Chocolate Shimmer Ink
My staple eyeliner that is everything the title suggests. I love Bobbi Brown's shimmer inks...they are so much fun!
21. Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid $23 @ aveda.com
Another product my hair guru Travis got me hooked on. Like all aveda products it is great smelling, and a little dab goes a long way. This gives your hair a very shiny and smooth look...the perfect cure for flyaways and the secret for achieving that hair commerical shine.
22. M.A.C. Eye Shadow in Nylon $13.50 My all time favorite M.A.C. Eye shadow that I used with absolutely everything. It is a yellow, shimmery shade that blends beautifully and stays put all night.
23. Laura Mercier Metallic Eye Colour $22.00 in gold & mercury I recently tried this eye colour out and it is like nothing I have ever tried before. This product is probably the most fun I've had with makeup. I love blending it and trying it different ways for more drama, or more settle looks.
24. Jonathan Finish Shine Polishing Gloss THis is a great product similar to the Aveda Smoothing fluid. I recently tried this after it was in my Lucky Shops gift bag! The product is fantastic in that it gives your hair a fabulous shine, and I imagine it would be great for anyone with curly or processed hair.
25. Aveda Air Control Hair Spray $23 @ aveda.com a lightweight hairspray that i use for a volumizing boost more than anything.
Check out other favorite things in 2006 lists at these fabulous blogs:
On trips to visit my family, such as the one i am about to embark on (YAY!), there is always someone (usually one of my aunts) who remarks about my taste for terribly high and uncomfortable shoes. these very family members probably wouldn't believe me in the least bit if i were to tell them that i have a closet filled with ballet flats. i really think that they picture me struting around new york city in platforms. not to say i don't do that on occasion, but my everyday shoe apparel is much more sensible than what my dear family members envision. despite the fact that i am vertically challenged (5'4) i constantly wear flats (especially to and from work, and on my FREQUENT shopping trips). as a result of this constant wear and tear on my flats it seems I always have a serious need to buy more. i will wear my favorite flats until there are holes in the bottom or until they are soo incredibly stretched out that my lovely flats will simply REFUSE to stay on my foot any longer! i guess i am just especially hard on my flats! I wear my ballet flats most often, and well like the majority of new yorkers i walk miles daily, so naturally, they are bound to wear out sooner rather than later! i have finally come to the point where i will have to lie to rest 2 of my favorite pairs this weekend (may they rest in peace!)...we've had some good times, lots of memories--they will be MISSED--but now i need to rush some replacements to my door!
row 1: Belle by Sigerson Morrison $278.95; Marc by Marc Jacobs $238.95; Belle by Sigerson Morrison $298.95; Belle by Sigerson Morrison $298.95; all @ zappos.com
row 2: Moschino M $553.95; Taryn Rose Butter $418.95; Delman Engage$328.95; Delman Wimbley $318.95; @ zappos.com
row 3: Pedro Garcia Ildara $453.95; Belle by Sigerson Morrison $273.95; French Sole Pearl $153.95; @ zappos.com
row 1: Zigi NY Carmen $54.95; Steve Madden Tipie $73.95; Tyler Wildcat $99.95; @ zappos.com
row 2: Enzo Angiolini Edale $82.95; Kenneth Cole ReactionDancing Queen $82.95; Kenneth Cole Reaction Dancing Queen $82.95; @ zappos.com
row 3: Steven Persuade $99.95; Delman Welcome $378.95; Zigi NY Diane $40.95; @ zappos.com
row 1: Marc by Marc Jacobs $238.95; Delman Dana $241.95; Gabriella Rocha Bess $44.95;@ zappos.com
row 2: Zigi NY Chantelle $45.95; Zigi NY Cadence $55.95; Dolce Vita $89.95; @ zappos.com
row 3: Report Blushing $62.95; French Sole Pearl Patent flats $153.95; Steve MaddenKodetwo $74.95; @ zappos.com
The book Drop Dead Cute by Ivan Vartanian, is just as the title suggests. While flipping through the book I couldn't get enough of the images! The book showcases the work of 10 cutting-edge female Japanese artists. This next wave of painters and illustrators from the red-hot Japanese art scene blend aspects of manga, anime, and traditional art with their own idiosyncratic visions to create work that is international in appeal yet uniquely Japanese. This gorgeous book features profiles of the artists based on fresh interviews, along with a generous survey of their art. This is a perfect gift for any art lover, or anyone interested in japanese culture!
"SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!" - Buddy, The Elf
Alina Hiu-Fan Chau, a professional artist, & blogger over at the Ice-Cream Monster Toon Cafe, has published a gorgeous travel journal featured her personal drawings creating during her travels. The book features drawings from some of the most exciting and gorgeous locations in the nation, ie. The Grand Canyon, Joshua Tree State Park, Las Vegas, Disney World Florida, San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County to name a few. The journal would be a fantastic gift!!! Even better, a portion of the book's profits will be donated to United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF)!
Alina's Travel Journal
$28.78 Paperback book
95 pages, 6.00" x 9.00", perfect binding, full-color interior ink
Here is a preview of some of the GORGEOUS sketches & illustrations featured in the 95 page journal:
Purchase Alina's Travel Journal here!
row 1: Belle by Sigerson Morrison $183.95 @ zappos; purple emperor peep-toes on sale for $99.95 @ anthropologie (actually low heel); Belle by Sigerson Morrison Plum Patent flats $273.95 @ zappos; Irregular Choice Sporty $91.95 @ zappos;
row 2: Bronx Shoes Cara $54.95 @ zappos; Delman Opus $228.95 @ zappos; BC Footwear 'Naughty But Nice' Flat $49.95 @ nordstrom; BCBG Max Azria Carmels $198.95 @ zappos;
row 3: plum plum flats $148 @ anthropologie; Penny Loves Kenny Arabesque $39.95 @ zappos; dollhouse Dotti $44.95 @ zappos; JEFFREY CAMPBELLTurn Star $64.95 @ zappos;
row 4: Steven Pango $92.95 @ zappos; Lacoste Pirouet $80.95 @ zappos; ladylike flats $138 @ anthropologie; Irregular Choice $76.95 @ zappos;
Pumps & Wedges:
row 1: rsvp Alba $66.95; VOLATILE Elle Satin $53.95; Sigerson Morrison wedges $463.95; JEFFREY CAMPBELL Anne $96.95 ; Joey O Ellen $118.95; all @ zappos;
row 2:NaNa Bamboo $88.95 ; Zinc Daisy $84.95; Pedro GarciaVera $328.95; rsvp Benita $69.95; Nine WestManjari $61.95 all @ zappos;
row 3: Nine West Chitty $54.95 @ zappos; CARLOS by Carlos Santana Pirouette $95.95 @ zappos; Moschino sling backs $398.95 @ zappos; GUESS? 'Carrie' Pump $84.95 @ nordstrom; Seychelles 'Girls Will Be Girls' Pump $79.95 @ nordstrom;
row 4: BCBG Max Azria 'Iona' Pump on sale for $183.90 @ nordstrom; Belle by Sigerson Morrison $186.95 @ zappos;
top to bottom, left to right:
Chinese Laundry $95.95; Nine West Swatches $144.95; NaNa Kambo $99.95; Fitzwell Wilma $109.95; all @ zappos.com
Template by Nudge Media Design.